Monday, November 9, 2009

The Graduate

I finally finished my on-line classwork. This has been about a 6 month project. I was taking classes to receive my CDA certificate. Which stands for Child Development Associate. Four classes in total and my GPA is a 4.0. I love that after 32 years on the planet, I can officially be called a straight A student. I'm not sure I learned anything new but I will have a shiny CDA certificate that says I know some stuff about kids. Also, I am actually paying for these courses (note the present tense 'paying'). I think this was motivation alone.
I am more happy to report that I can finally begin on my crafting endeavors which have taken a major backseat. Last year I was able to make everyone at least on handmade gift. I don't know about y'all but I do not like just giving stuff. Wandering stores aimlessly just buying stuff. I adore my parents philosophy which is they do not want any gift they can not consume. This has inspired my husband and I to make limoncello every year. Its become a tradition for us the day after thanksgiving. My Martha mag just came in the mail. I think I am going to teach myself to felt. Looks like a great way to outlet the sculptor in me. Actually, its really just an excuse to go to AC Moore and buy some new goodies. So hopefully, by this weekend, I will be able to post some cool felting ideas......

No comments:

Post a Comment