Saturday, June 19, 2010

Boredom

We finally heard back from Elizabeth's teacher. I had sent a lengthy email expressing my concerns about maybe needing to get her tested. Apparently, she is testing above a 2nd grade bench mark. (she is only in first grade) So I have come to the resolution that her 'acting out' in class is because the is bored! She whips through her worksheets and gets up to bother the other kids. She says she is trying to help them. Which to Elizabeth means doing their work for them. Regardless, I can breath now. I would like to tell her teach to go fly a kite and pull Elizabeth out for the rest of the year. I did give her a mental health day yesterday. We took the pup on a nice long hike and ate ice cream for lunch. Now I am off to set up on of those crazy above ground pools. Its 6am here. It will be perfect for our 90 degree weekend coming up. Now that we have Penny, our all day beach stints will have to be put on hold. All I can say is CANNONBALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment